The Five Elements to Ensuring a Lasting Romantic Relationship
“Most people have experienced glimpses of truly ecstatic Intimate Communion: moments of loving so expansive that you lose awareness of your body – and so profound that your heart opens wider than it seems possible. Simple gazes, single hugs can be of such magnitude that the universe is rendered beyond form, if only for a few moments.”
-from the book Intimate Communion: Awakening Your Sexual Essence by David Deida
2. Emotional Fulfillment (we could also call this maturity and patience)
3. Mental Fulfillment (this includes creative and intellectual stimulation as well as mentally stimulating conversations)
4. Physical Fulfillment (including both sexual contact, romantic embracing and support such as holding hands, kissing, hugging, and cuddling), and
5. External (which includes social and familial relationships, finances, and material possessions)
Sometimes, and more often than not, it is the stimulation from others that reminds us who we really are… especially at those times when we are the least centered and grounded, when we need it the most.
On the other side of this coin, it is very common for many men who place physical stimulation in their top three; if they are not feeling fulfilled/stimulated physically by their partner, they will become frustrated and possibly even start looking at other women.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
© 2006-2013 Joshua Zuchter. All rights reserved.