There is no way around the fact that humans have emotions. In fact I have yet to meet an individual who does not have emotions. Emotions come in all sorts, degrees, depths, and are expressed in various lengths. One, that seems to gain the most credit, that often stands out as the most challenging, destructive, and misunderstood is the emotion of fear.
The emotion or sensation of fear typically occurs when we feel that our well-being is in jeopardy. A simple example would be of losing wealth and therefore being in jeopardy of living on the street, etc. Other examples may include phobias or fears of the unknown, of animals, of being in the dark. These fears, all deeply rooted, essentially stem from a fear of passing on or of being hurt.
Because losing our well-being would be so difficult and awful, we as humans have an enormous difficulty with the emotion of fear. The truth of it all, however, is that fear is something that can be overcome and if you are ready conquered for good!
There are only 2 things to know when it comes to how to conquer fear…
(When you read this, be sure to take time to absorb it, because it is so simple that it may not register on your first read. When you truly understand, feel, and apply these two things, your fears will dissolve.)
Are you ready?…:
1. Fear is based on a future potential. This means it is about something that we anticipate will happen, but that hasn’t actually happened yet and possibly and usually never will.
2. Fear is a creation of the mind and therefore chemicals in the brain. In other words, fears are not even tangible.
As chemists and quantum physicists have shown in recent years, everything we see is an image that stems from the chemicals that get passed back and forth in the brain on the molecular and atomic level. This means that emotions such as fear are simply chemicals or an illusion, both figurative and literal made to appear real by our minds – this means the emotion of fear is actually not real.
This may seem too simple and the fact is, it is simple: ALL of fear comes from our minds and from our brains. When we can look at our fears with this understanding, our fears often begin to dissolve.
Do take some time to reflect on what you have just read.
If you haven’t already let go of fear here is an example of how you could use these three tenets.
We’ll use the example of the fear of not having money.
Let’s run through these three tenets:
1. Do you have money now? Of course you do or you wouldn’t be reading this article! Does it mean that you will have money tomorrow, not necessarily, but tomorrow is irrelevant as it is not what you are actually experiencing right now! This means right now, right this second, you are in a pretty good place. That doesn’t mean that tomorrow will be as good, but that is not relevant at this moment.
2. Since everything we see or think for that matter is created by the mind, the synapses (chemical, biological and neural connections) that are occurring in your brain are relaying the message that you may not have money tomorrow… this means that it is not actually really occurring, but the concept or illusion of it is through chemicals in your brain!
3. In the realm of spirit and connection with the universe and source from which you spring, there is no such thing as lack or poverty! Fear of not having money does not exist anywhere else because it is just an illusion created in our minds. The Universe is infinite and would never fear not having some aspect of itself!
If I were in your shoes, what I would say to myself is the fear of not having money is not real and therefore unfounded. At the same time it is also not actually happening right now, nor is it a truth that the universe even experiences lack.
I don’t know about you, but that busted apart any fear I have ever had about not having enough money or not having enough security.
Try this out on your own on any fear that you have and let me know how it goes…
Fear is nothing more than an illusion of the mind of something that hasn’t even happened yet and it is far more useful to learn how to tap into and trust the divine guidance that exists inside of you that always steers you clear of harms way toward loving, peaceful, and joy-filled experiences and opportunities.
I hope this serves as a reminder of your true infinite and unlimited self, within which fear is not real and is non-existent.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
© 2006-2015 Joshua Zuchter. All rights reserved.
This was an article written as part of Joshua’s weekly e-zine Be-Inspired that is sent out Wednesdays.
YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE by simply filling in the box up and to the right and clicking on the subscribe button.
We never rent or give out your name or e-mail address and you can unsubscribe at any time.